Saturday, May 10, 2008

praise, Praise, PRAISE!!!

"All you who fear the Lord, praise Him!" (Ps. 22:23a)

"Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name." (Ps. 30:4)

"But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, 'Hosanna to the Son of David!' they were indignant and said to Him, 'Do you hear what these are saying?' And Jesus said to them, 'Yes. Have you never read,
"Out of the mouths of babes and
nursing infants
You have perfected praise"?'" (Matt. 21:15-16, emphasis added)

Wow!!! I'm starting a study on praise, and I'm beginnning to realize how MANY verses there are on praise! Almost overwhelmingly! Lately I've been getting frustrated easily with the many unwanted inconveniences in life, and this morning, as I lay in bed, the Lord revealed to me that it's because I have allowed satan to steal my joy. And he didn't even steal it with something big and "life-threatening" to me, but with the tiny little details of life.....dirty dishes in the sink, bad hair day, baby crying, complete exhaustion....you know, the whole list! How I have not been on my guard! The devil loves to get us where we are most vulnerable, and many times that's in the areas we don't think to guard over....every day menial tasks. But the Lord has given us a way to be on guard and to glorify Him all at the same time! AND to have a good time while we are doing it! Praise!! This isn't just a suggestion that He gives us, it is a command. And not only to the saved, but to all creation (ps. 148:1-10). How amazing! Even nursing infants praise our Lord (matt. 21:16)!!!! I am resolved that since this is such an important issue to our Savior, I want my life to be characterized by praise. Morning, noon, and night. No room for thoughts of myself or how "bad" my day is going.....constantly turning my affection to my Lord and Savior, in gratitude that He has chosen me, that I am breathing in a new day once again, and that He loves me. I will praise the Lord, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!!

3 comments:

mom said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Heather!! I hope your guys made it special for you:)...

Thank you for the link to your blog! I'm quite impressed. First, that you would even know how to do one(I wouldn't have a clue), and secondly, that you have such insights into the things of God. I know you don't think you do, but God is growing you in such mighty ways! What a blessing to see our children become adults who are seeking Him! May He bless you as you continue on this journey.

Loving you, Mom F.

Christie said...

What great thoughts, Heather! Thanks for sharing... I was convicted on how hard I need to fight to keep my joy!

Melissa said...

What a blessing! Thanks for your wonderful insights!

I'll began by praising God that He has given me such precious daughters who walk with Him!

I love you darling!
Mom